Tuesday, October 15, 2013

~ Spend Some Alonetime @ Selfish Gene Cafe ~

Selfish Gene Cafe, such an interesting name isn't it? Haha, will tell you guys more about their name later on. Usually I seldom (or almost never?) will go to a cafe alone, but that day I managed to do so!! Hahaha, kinda happy about it, lol. (Can considered as an achievement for successfully taking the first step!! =P)

Hidden away from the hustle and bustle of a crowd area, this cafe located somewhere at Outram/Tanjong Pagar area. Guess you must be wondering why they name the place "Selfish Gene". They had always been rather selfish when come to food, not that never or unwilling to share the food, but rather they will not serve anyone food that he would not eat himself.



Although my friend told me that it would be easier if I walk from Outram MRT station but since I'm already in Raffles Place, so might as well I just walked to Tanjong Pagar and start from there?
Kinda worried in the first place too cuz no guidance from anyone this time, all I had was just me myself and my Google map, haha. But of course, I was thinking if really unable to find I can always just hoop onto a cab! LOL

Luckily it didn't took long for me to find this well hidden cafe (thanks to my Google map!xD), it's really quite easy to find, will tell you guys more in details how to walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT below! =) After about 15-20 mins walk under a hot sun, I finally found what I've been looking for! *Big clap for myself*



It is a simple decorated yet spacious cafe, I really love this place! xD It just make you feel like at home and if you want some alone time with some serious thinking, Selfish Gene Cafe no doubt is a good choice of place! =)
















This is their menu, they serve up a variety of delicious food such as sandwiches, salad, soup, desserts and even all day breakfast! xD Good news for all the all-day-breakfast-people, now you all can add this Selfish Gene Cafe under your list! xD Besides that, they also offered coffee-based and tea-based beverages. ^.^





Even though as much as I wanna try out their all day breakfast, I was unable to do so cuz it would be too heavy for me since I just had lunch earlier on. I ordered a cup of Cappuccino (SGD 4.80) and also a Chocolate Cake (SGD 5.80). It's quite cheap and they really delivered well-executed food! =)



The chocolate cake is delicious! Sometimes you might find that the cake itself may taste "dry"? But this one don't!! The cake is moist enough and rich in chocolate taste, and the cake is topped with chocolate ganacahe, yum yum~! *spoon licking good! =P*



But what most important is, I really really love the cappuccino there!! It can said as one of the best cappuccino I've ever had!! (Not being exaggerating you know..) For those who likes to drink coffee or are just coffee addicted like me will know that cappuccino isn't sweet one so some of you might adding sugar or syrup before drinking but for me, I mostly won't do so. But this one seriously GOOD! I don't know how to put these in words but you must try their coffee, it's like one of best I've had! xD



With just one cappuccino and a chocolate cake, I just spent for almost 3 hours there while reading my book. =) Such a relaxing afternoon I've spent (since it was a weekday so the place wasn't crowded at all, really love this kind of timing! xD) and will definitely go there to try their all day breakfast! =)

Be it having a good brunch with your buddies, catching up over a cuppa, or just simply some alone time with yourself or reading your favourite book, Selfish Gene Cafe is a place for you! =)


Till then, annyeong! Xoxo, Phoebe! :)

Selfish Gene Cafe

40 Craig Road,
Singapore 089678.

P/S : Here's a little tips for you all how to walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT station. Find Exit A from Tanjong Pagar MRT station, after exit from there look for Orchid Hotel, you will see the Tonkotsu Ramen and other shops, cross over the road(which is go to the opposite of Orchid Hotel) then you will see the "Craig Road" signboard. Turn into that street which means after you cross, turn into the Craig Road which is on your left instead walking straight, then keep walking, you will pass by a basketball court. Don't worry, just keep walking straight and look for number "40", it's just a bit further down the street! 

No comments:

Post a Comment